How about a blog that quickly talks about the basic packing tips one should know when preparing goods for the move? It will be great, right? Well, we know you are prepping up for your upcoming Mumbai to Delhi move, and the packers and movers in Mumbai you scheduled your move with advising you to comprehend some packing tips and so, you are here!
Well, thank you for landing up on our blog post. We hope you’ll love the packing tips we have shared below:
1. Quickly manage stationery – All your writing items, office supplies, implements like a stapler, notepad, whitener, pencil, pen, stamp, pins, clips, papers, scissors, and all the office supplies you have kept at your place should be quickly put together within the moving boxes. You do not need a professional’s assistance in this task because there would not be a lot of complicated things but just the basic ones. Also, if you are handling these items by yourself, you will be a lot more careful with the important papers, proofs, books, and other valuable stuff.
2. Pack clothes perfectly – Clothes take up a major space in our household. Do not think of moving the entire section, if you are not sorting them before the move. Refine your stock so you know whatever you are moving along will come to use in your new home. Then comes the decision of packing the goods, if you are doing it, do it tactically and speedily. Clothes should be rolled and moved in bundles. Collect packing materials, cloth packing bags, boxes, etc. to pack outfits efficiently.
3. Pack personal care items – Lastly, you should pack your care items with utmost care. Since the majority of the collection will have liquids, every item of health, beauty, and hygiene should be first wiped clean so the bottles are not misty. While packing toiletries one should take care of how they are placed within the plastic bags or boxes, whatever you are using for the purpose. Do not put them there directly, seal the cap-neck of the bottles using stretch wraps and secure everything.
4. Make some considerations – You will also need to pack some toiletries for the move, i.e. for the transit purpose. Ensure all of those items are in smaller sizes because carrying the actual size of the toiletries will only increase the moving load. Travel size versions of shampoo, oil, face wash, cleanser, mouthwash, and face wash are just great for moving purposes but make sure each of them is diligently carried in ideal size plastic pouches or bags and always placed upright within the essentials bag. Do not place anything heavy on top of these, else they may spill.
5. Correctly pack bedding – Bedding and a similar range of items like rugs, curtains, floor sheets, and mats should be handled by professionals only. You can simply clean and vacuum them before the experts handle them. All these draperies and parallel house items like sofa covers, bed sheets, etc. everything should be packed clean. If anything of these is too dirty just because you have not changed them for some time now, you would not want to launch them after the move. All of these items would make up a lot of weight and sturdy boxes with cushioning inside would be the best thing to pack all these drapes and rugs in.
6. Tackle fragile with care – Everyone’s kitchen comprises a range of sensitive items which are hard to handle and equally challenging to move. Though the latter can be worked out by the professionals if you want your sensitive section of articles like the crockery, glassware, antiques, artifacts to be dealt with by you specifically, you will have to get all the appropriate packing materials like bubble wraps, foam sheets, plastic wraps, packing paper, etc. at your place. Implementing the right packing techniques is also advised so they remain safe.
7. Prepare electronics – Electronics are quite tricky to handle. You cannot pack them aptly if you do not refer to the user manuals and incorporate the tips disclosed. But ahead of a move, you may not want to get into any kind of stressful task, and that is where the professional’s aid would come in handy. So, let the experts do it for you while you remain present on the spot when the crew is doing it. Using the heavy-duty cardboard boxes readily available in the market or the original boxes of the electronics is recommended for usage. But, still, you should have the entire range of packing materials with you.
8. Pack all sturdy goods – You can count your furniture, appliances, tools, equipment, etc. in your list of sturdy items so you can speak to the movers beforehand about the kind of packing you want for these. Since these are not just weighty but complicated too, one may never find packing them easy. Only the ones that can be dismantled should be pulled to pieces, and the rest of the procedure should be left for the experts only. Some of these heavy items may also require special moving equipment and tools, so let the pros take care of this.
9. Pack all sorts of supplies – You shall be left with only the miscellaneous items now – some cleaning supplies, laundry goods, and goods that are rarely used but are still there in your household. All of these would need some serious assessment so you are clear on which ones are meant for the move and which the ones you can leave aside are. Washing supplies like detergent, fabric softeners, drier sheets, and stain removers cleaning supplies including dishwashing liquids, mop, wipes, scrubs, and other forms of cleaners, etc. should be moved only if they are in usable condition. Too old or too spoiled articles should straightaway be discarded. Also, ensure you are not moving anything that has chemical content because inflammable and corrosive are not allowed for the move.
We tried to wrap up some useful packing tips in this blog post. Make sure you check them out before fulfilling your Mumbai to Delhi move with the movers and packers in Mumbai!